We offer up to 30 hours Child care (subject to eligibility) in our warm and welcoming Myrtle Park Nursery. All children are eligible for 15 hours from the term after they turn 3.
- Admission is from the term after your child turns 3
- Term time nursery offering hours between 730 am and 6pm (nursery runs 845 until 3 everyday, outside these hours care is provided by our before and after school club)
- Additional top up hours can be arranged for £4.50 per hour
- Teacher-led nursery linked to the School curriculum
Our 2019 OFSTED report praised our early years provision:
- Leadership of the early years is strong.
- Teachers ensure that children experience a wide variety of stimulating activities closely matched to interests and needs. This range of activities helps most children to make good progress across all areas of learning.
- Good use is made of both indoor and outdoor learning.
- At the end of the early years, children achieve above other children nationally. As a result, they are well prepared for learning in key stage 1.
- A higher proportion of current children than previously are on track to exceed the higher standards.
- Both Nursery and Reception provide warm, welcoming and attractive classrooms. In Reception children are encouraged, for example, to have a go at circus skills through a well set out play area.
- Leaders identified children’s skills in number as an area to improve. Nursery children are provided with extremely challenging number activities in order to extend their thinking and reasoning.
- Reading areas are well developed and children are encouraged to share books with adults.
- A strong focus on phonics from the Nursery engages children who are ready to learn sounds from an early age. Early writing skills are also developed well.
To arrange a visit or book your place in our nursery please contact the office using the contact details on this page.