We are very pleased to announce that the school has been rated as Good in all areas in our June 2019 OFSTED inspection. We are incredibly proud of the work from every member of the Myrtle Park team over the last 2 years who have played a vital part in the schools success and the outcomes for your children.
Just some of the highlights from the report are:
- Leaders have taken effective action to improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment across the school since the school was last inspected. Outcomes for pupils are now good and improving.
- Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is well promoted across the curriculum.
- Leaders’ swift actions are leading to targeted improvements in the number of pupils who exceed the national standard in all three subjects of reading, writing and mathematics.
- Children make good progress across the early years.
- The teaching of writing is a key strength of the school.
- The leadership of English and mathematics is now good.
- Provision for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) is good.
- Pupils are friendly and polite. They apply themselves well to their learning.
- Since the last inspection, the quality of teaching, learning and assessment has improved. Consequently, most pupils make good progress and the standards they reach are rising.
- The teaching of writing is now a strength of the school.
- A stronger focus on phonics has led to significant improvements in early reading standards over the current year
- Leadership of the early years is strong.
The full report is available here